USTDC

Photo of USTDC courtesy of Les Duffin

Friday, June 20, 2008

On The Beach

Sarj Bloom submitted these photos of a beach that he used to visit. It probably wasn't on the "approved" list of beaches for US military personnel, which no doubt made it a whole lot more fun. If you know the name of this beach, or its exact location, please post a comment below.
As I remember, the beach was due west of Taipei, maybe a half-hour or 45 minutes. The first photo is facing north. To the left and up the hill was the ROC Army barracks. I parked my car beside the building and we used their bath and shower facilities. We also could buy a soft drink there and play ping-pong. All the guys were very friendly , even though I don't think we were supposed to be in the area. I suspect that this may even be a popular beach area now with hotels, etc. I hope someone can recognize the area.

No comments: