USTDC

Photo of USTDC courtesy of Les Duffin

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Botanical Gardens - 50s and 60s

These shots were provided by Sarj Bloom (first photo) and Stev Pitchford (second and third photos). Stev writes:

At least part of the building was used as an art museum at that time. I remember a couple of National Taiwan University students practicing their English by explaining some of the paintings to me. I was glad to hear their explanations and they were happy to get the chance to practice English.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember visiting that "Science Hall" building in 65 and it had some art display and a small museum. I've always been fascinated with the pagoda like style. One additional note, as a stamp collector (philatelist), that building appears on a beautiful multicolor stamp issued by "The Republic of China" from the late 50's (1959).

Anonymous said...

It's the Botanical Garden in Nanhai road?