USTDC

Photo of USTDC courtesy of Les Duffin

Friday, June 27, 2008

Hanging Out at the Store

Here's another one from Sarj Bloom:

Here's an available light photo (no flash) that I took near where I lived for a while on Min Sin E. Rd. I believe that this was in the summer of 1962.

This local hang-out was a convenience store, down the street from where I lived. You can tell it was a time exposure because if you look on the right you will see a ghost image of someone moving. Actually all you see of the person is their feet and some straw above the feet. I can't really explain how this happened, but it's cool.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don,

thank you for the wonderful pictures which bring back my childhood memory.

The crowd in the picture were listening to a story-teller. This a common form of entertainments in those days. My father used to take me to story-tellers when I was very young. I remembered we had to pay a small fee for it.

David