USTDC

Photo of USTDC courtesy of Les Duffin

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Bringing Home The Bacon

Back in March, I posted an entry called "Still Getting Around Taipei," which contained a number of photographs from 1973-1974 that were taken by Dennis McNelis. Among the photographs, there was one of a utility tricycle with a cargo bed on the back. I mentioned at the time that I remembered seeing farmers transporting swine on those things.

Stev Pitchford just provided an excellent photo that shows what I was talking about. I think this one has just two wheels, and is being pulled instead of pedaled, but it's otherwise very similar to the vehicles I remember.

Can you imagine one of these trying to navigate the streets of Taipei today? This was taken near the entrance to the US Taiwan Defense Command, which was located very close to today's Museum of Modern Art.

1 comment:

tibeton1516 said...

The man is transporting a male pig to mate a female one and chagre it for living.