USTDC

Photo of USTDC courtesy of Les Duffin

Monday, March 15, 2010

Blast from the Past

Old friend Larry Markum just sent me this photo of the two of us standing in front of what appears to be a shop that sold and developed film and slides.

Larry is on the left and I'm on the right, apparently fascinated by something around (or perhaps under) my feet.

This is the only picture I've ever seen of me in Taiwan and I don't remember anything about it at all. Can anyone identify the shop?  It was most likely within easy walking distance of the HSA compound.

4 comments:

Bill-USACC said...

Could it be the photo shop located between the Roma Hotel and the compound entrance?

Bill

Don said...

Bill, if there was a photo shop in that area (I don't remember), then that's most likely the spot.

Thanks.

Don

Anonymous said...

Don: You were probably looking down
at the orange peels the Taiwanese
dropped as they peeled the oranges
and ate them. Those darn things
were everywhere.

Jim Sartor

Sarj Bloom said...

Don. It was defiantly a photo store.
The letters (missing the E) says
QUICK SERVICE and further to the right it says Ektachrome slides and color prints 3x5 size. I blew the photo up to see this.
I believe that you was looking down at the letter E that fell off the sign and just missed you and the other guy is saying Whew that was close.