USTDC

Photo of USTDC courtesy of Les Duffin

Monday, February 22, 2010

Just Down The Road

I don't usually post things from down-island, but I came across an on-line copy of the 1973 edition of the Ching Chuan Kang (CCK) Republic of China Air Force Base orientation booklet.  It has a section about the US Taiwan Defense Command and Taipei, which I thought some of you might find it interesting.


There's a section about housing and the cost of staying in the hostel at CCK.  I don't recall what I paid at my hostel next to the East Compound in Taipei but the CCK hostel rates seem very reasonable, even for those days.   All I remember is that my room was less expensive overall than renting an apartment elsewhere in the city, especially since I had no utilities to pay or transportation costs to get back and forth to work.

You can find the complete CCK brochure HERE.

1 comment:

titojohn said...

Don,
You posted a link to this publication in February last year.

http://ustdc.blogspot.com/2009/02/cck-orientation-publication.html

It's good info though; on how it was back then.

John