USTDC

Photo of USTDC courtesy of Les Duffin

Monday, June 16, 2008

USTDC Van

Sarj says this shot was taken behind TDC, next to the warehouse building, probably around October, 1961. That's him in the photo.

The van was used by USTDC personnel for various things. I remember driving a TDC van up to Grass Mountain -- I think to the radio station -- in a typhoon during 1973-1974. I didn't have a car in Taipei and that was my first and only experience with city traffic. I remember the driving rain and high winds as I maneuvered that big old van through traffic. I don't recall why I was sent up there, but I managed to avoid running into anything on the way up or back, so I guess I accomplished the mission, whatever it was.

Also, note the classy mid-fifties Pontiac convertible parked next to the van. Very nice!

No comments: