USTDC

Photo of USTDC courtesy of Les Duffin

Monday, May 17, 2010

Request for Information -- Life in Taiwan During The 1950s

I received a note this weekend from Dr. Stephen Craft, a professor at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University regarding a book project he's been working on.  He explains it here:

I am a professor at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University where I teach military and aviation history.  I lived in Taiwan for many years in the 1980s and 1990s, and go back there every two years.  Over the last several years, I have published a book on V.K. Wellington Koo and another on Embry-Riddle's role during WWII.  Over the last ten years or so, I have been working on a third book project that deals with MAAG-Taiwan and the Reynolds Riot of 1957.  I am really interested in interviewing Americans who lived in Taiwan in the 1950s to get a feel for expatriate life at the height of the Cold War.  I can always be contacted at crafts@erau.edu.
Take care.

Steve Craft

Stephen G. Craft, Ph.D.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
HU/SS Department
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
 If you were in Taiwan during the 1950s, and would be interested in contributing to this work, please drop Steve an e-mail.

No comments: