Apparently some were having problems with the links that David provided in his comments (below), so he has provided this supplemental information:
1. Ruei Bin is located at Township of Ruei Fang, Taipei County.
2. Ruei Bin Beach today's look.
The author said the beach used to be a sandy beach, but no more.
She also has a few photos of Ruei Bin's streets and shops.
3. A bird's-eye view of Ruei Bin Beach from hilltop in opposite direction.
4. more photos of Ruei Bin. (please scroll down to see.)
5. Highway 62 WanLi - RueiBin
6. a video clip of Ruei Bin Beach area.
****END OF UPDATE****
This beach was a very popular Chinese beach. I remember the name as "Rae-Bin." I think it was about 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive and I remember that that we parked on the beach and got stuck.
It was very popular so someone should remember it. I checked a lot of beaches on-line but found none with a name like that or one that looked like this one. Maybe it became a resort and the name changed. Notice the food areas under cover and the very pretty mountains around the area.
Can anyone identify this beach? I found a pretty good article in the archives of the Taipei Times describing several beaches in the area, but it doesn't contain any photographs.