USTDC

Photo of USTDC courtesy of Les Duffin

Sunday, July 27, 2008

MAAG-nificant Organization

I recently received some photos of these MAAG (Military Assistance Advisory Group) insignia items. The most interesting to me was the military blouse with the MAAG patch on the left shoulder. I think it was probably Army, but can't say for sure. I've never seen one like it before. Does anybody know the time frame? Sometime in the 1950s perhaps?

By the way, alert readers may have noticed that I modified the Overview section in the column to your right. Thanks to some really great material from Les Duffin, I finally got the right "words and music" to outline how USTDC, MAAG, and the other commands in Taiwan all fit together. I was really fuzzy on that structure, except that I was fairly certain TDC was the senior military organization, at least when I was there.





1 comment:

Rory O'Neil said...

These photos bring back a flood of memories - Thank you Don and Friends!