USTDC

Photo of USTDC courtesy of Les Duffin

Friday, January 23, 2009

Typhoon Card

I've posted images of various Taiwan identification and ration cards, but Barbara recently sent me an item I hadn't seen before. She wrote:

Because of the nature of our work, we had to have special permission to be out and on the roads during typhoon conditions (something other people weren't allowed to do). I just found my "authorization card."

Walt actually had to use his once to pick up some of our people and take them home. There were no buses or cabs running during typhoon conditions.



1 comment:

Mustang Mike said...

Don, I am so happy to find this site. I was in the Naval Security Group, Taipei, from March 1967 to Feb 1969. I was stationed at TDC. Went to work behind the vault door! I have some neat things, like a Chinese drivers license, I.D. card, plaques from the Naval Security Group and Naval Security Group, Taiwan. Very proud of those! I hope some of the guys who I knew then might see this and write. msipect2@yahoo.com Mike Sipe