USTDC

Photo of USTDC courtesy of Les Duffin

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Bridge

 Dennis sent me these three photos taken on or near the bridge that crossed the river just north of the HSA compound and northwest of the U.S. Taiwan Defense Command building.  I may have posted at least one of these in the past.

Taken from the south end of the bridge, facing southeast.


Taken near the south end of the bridge, facing north, toward the Grand Hotel and the Club 63/China Seas Club.

Again near the south end of the bridge facing west-northwest.  If you look closely, you can see the "exoskeleton" surrounding the construction of the Grand Hotel.

2 comments:

Tuan said...

Ah, yes! This bridge is called 圓山橋, or Yuan Shan Bridge. Your 3rd photo shows part of the namesake hotel 圓山大飯店, or the Grand Hotel, in the background. The 1st photo is the entrance to a children's play facility, you know, all kinds of rides like mini cart and whatnot. My mom used to take me there a few times. It's still there.

Don said...

Tuan, you might enjoy my USTDC Facebook group, where individuals who have an interest in the period when U.S. military personnel were assigned to Taiwan can post comments without my having to approve them.

Please check it out at https://www.facebook.com/groups/181370945250687/ and if you decide to join the group, I'll approve your request.

Best regards,

Don