USTDC

Photo of USTDC courtesy of Les Duffin

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Name Tags and Badges

This is the USTDC name tag that Sarj Bloom wore while at TDC in 1962-1963. It was made of metal and had pins on the back which held it onto the plastic case. At the top of the case was a slit so that it could be placed over a button on the uniform.








I don't recall that we had special name tags when I was there in 1973-1974, but we did have this USTDC badge that we pinned to one of our breast pockets (right, I think) of our uniforms.

Actually, now that I've thought about it, we may have had a leather backing for this thing that we buttoned to our breast pocket. If anyone knows for sure, please enlighten this aging veteran.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don,

At HSA we wore the blue name tags similar to Sarj's. We had nothing like the TDC patch you posted however. It's funny how they invented Chinese characters for the names western names, mine was "De - An" two characters for my last name Dean. I see Sarj had two characters "Bu - Lu" on his name tag, where his drivers license had two characters "Bu - Lun" and his blue ID card had three characters "Bu - Lu - Meng". All three were different as they were made up by a different person.

George

Sarj Bloom said...

Now I guess we understand how a lot of names got changed when people came through Ellis Island.

Anonymous said...

The badge pictured was a 3 prong metal badge that was attached to a leather fob. It was suspended from the button on the left breast pocket....Hindsight is always 20/20 as I wish I would have kept all of that stuff, the name tag, translated into Chinese, this badge, all the furniture I bought while I was there....