The details are still being worked out, but here's what they have in mind at this point:
- Depart from the west coast, probably on China Air Lines on Wednesday, September 9th and arriving in Taipei on Friday, September 11th. The rest of the day will consist of the usual arrival routine, checking in at the hotel, exchanging cell phone numbers, etc.
- Saturday will be spent visiting Taipei Air Station, National Taiwan University, the former HSA east and west compound areas, Taipei 101, and various other spots.
- On Sunday, the schedule includes visits to the Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall, the Presidential Office Building, the 228 Peace Park and other locations in the area.
- Monday will include a visit to Keelung, then on to the artist town of Jioufen. Next will be a visit to a gold mine and a World War II POW camp at Chinghuashii. After that will be a trip through the longest tunnel in Asia to Hualien to visit a marble factory and other places, then check into a local hotel for the night.
- Tuesday will include Taroko Gorge, Sun Moon Lake and other area sights.
- On Wednesday the group will travel to Alishan, which is about 7,250 feet above sea level. There will be plenty of time for hiking the well marked nature trails before heading to a local hotel for the night.
- On Thursday the group will return to Taipei with free time for the remainder of the day.
- Friday is a free day where you can visit (or revisit) all the other places you'd like to see in Taipei.
- Saturday will be for farewells and return to the airport for the flight home.