USTDC

Photo of USTDC courtesy of Les Duffin

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Record of U.S. Withdrawal From Taiwan

A year or so ago I wrote a series of pieces based on a document that I received from U.S. Pacific Command, an appendix to the 1979 Command History. It described in detail the events that occurred prior to and during the U.S. military withdrawal from Taiwan.

I just noticed that the 1979 PACOM History document that is posted at the Nautilus Institute website, includes that appendix as well. You can view the entire report by going to this link. At the top of that page you'll see that you're viewing page 1 of 639 pages. Change that 1 to 500, hit Enter and you'll go to the first page of the appendix. Keep in mind that this is a PDF document so the PDF page numbers will not be the same as the printed page numbers.

There is a lot more information in that appendix than I wrote about so I thought that some of you might be interested in reading the entire thing.

No comments: