USTDC

Photo of USTDC courtesy of Les Duffin

Monday, January 6, 2014

Probably the Last Posting

Those of you who have been kind enough to follow my ramblings over the years know that I established the U. S. Taiwan Defense Command Facebook group  some time ago.  Hundreds of people have joined it so far and I couldn't be more pleased.

The format allows for direct interaction among members instead of everything coming to me here at the blog to be entered for viewing by others.  It has worked so well that I've decided to put this blog on hiatus until further notice.  If I happen to come across anything that I think would be more appropriate here, I will enter it and then announce it on the Facebook USTDC group page.

If you haven't already done so, I encourage you to look back through the many pieces I've written here.  I've always tried to include anything that I thought might be of interest, and especially anything that I felt was important enough to be recorded for posterity.

Reader comments for all of the posts on this blog have now been disabled.  If you wish to comment on anything, then please join the Facebook group.  The contact email address shown to the right will soon be removed because I'm very tired of it being hacked by those with bad intentions.

Best of luck to you all and I hope you enjoy the USTDC Facebook group.

Don

8 comments:

titojohn said...

I'm sad to read this my friend, but I understand. You have done an amazing job over the years to keep the memories of USTDC alive. Well Done & Thank You!

Rory O'Neil said...

Well, if you're taking a vote... NOOOOO!!! Thank you Don for all you have done and continue to do. Glad to know your blog will continue to exist even if in a more dormant state - it is a very important library! (I'm here right now looking up an explanation of the fence on McCauley Beach for a friend.)

Anonymous said...

BOT Yangmingshan rules!

Anonymous said...

oh my! Just discovered you! I hope you will leave this blog here for a while. We were stationed at Taipei in '59-60.Dad was CPT Ira S Godwin and we lived behind the telephone company. I was 5 and 6 years old and it remains one of the best memories of my life :)

titojohn said...

Don,

It's ironic that your previous post was about the final flag ceremony at USTDC, and then comes this post. Let's just hope that this isn't taps for this blog.

You have done what no other has done in consolidating and preserving USTDC history. Through this blog we became friends. Thank you my friend!

John

Cobrawaltz said...

Like others, I just discovered this blog about 6 months ago. I was stationed on Taiwan from Feb. 1973 to Feb. 1975. I was stationed at DCS Autovon on Grass Mt. but lived in Tien Mou with my family. In all these years it never dawned on me there might be internet sites this. Thank you for your effort and that goes to the other related sites linked here. They bring back great memories and I am only sorry I didn't get here sooner

SP/5 Scott Kring

Jonathan said...

This is a wonderful blog and I hope it never closes.

Single Vegas Guy said...

Hi Everyone -

Love this blog... What memories!

Looking for old photos of the HSA West non-denominational chapel and the Mormon chapel in Tien Mou during the 1968-1978 time frame.

If you have any, please email to: martymayo@gmail.com

Also looking for any dependant photos from those years for those kids in Boy Scouts or who hung out at either the Tien Mou or Grass Mountain Teen Clubs.

Thanks a lot!